There is a wrong way and a correct way to water your golf cart batteries.
If you invest in the expense of buying a new or used golf cart you will want to ensure you are taking great care of it.
1) You do not want to let your water level go below the top of the plates. The efficiency of your batteries will begin to diminish when the battery plates are exposed to air. Making sure you keep the correct level will help extend the life of the golf cart batteries.
2) If you see green or mocha colored corrosion then you are past due for service. Make sure to stay on top of that.
1) You have to get your timing right. After charging your battery is when you want to add water. Adding water after charging prevents acid from spilling over. You'll want to add water to 1/2 inch from the top of the battery.
2) We recommend service once or twice a year.
3) Always use distilled water so you don't add additional minerals into your battery.
We, at Mike's Golf Carts, provide you with the best golf cart sales and service. And we also want to help you be great caretakers of your golf cart.
If our service department can help you in any way, give us a call. Also, we sell the best golf cart batteries for the best prices, right here at Mike's Golf's Carts, servicing Macon, Warner Robins, Perry, and all of Middle Georgia.